7. Trying to do too much too quickly and making mistakes.
8. Wasting money, time and effort repeating what doesn't work.
9. Poor decisions about what product to invest in – believing the hype.
10. Letting fear paralyse the taking of positive action.
11. Mixed messages with no coherent theme.
12. Over-complicating marketing activities and messages.
13. Working very hard but not getting results that match the effort.
14. Making excuses like, for example, "I haven't got time to market my business."
15. Thinking that marketing is complicated – and avoiding doing it.
16. Relying on only one or two methods of generating business.
17. Suffering from feast and famine revenue cycles.
18. Keeping inconsistent records of important prospects and customers.
19. Not really being able to explain why someone should buy from you.
20. Hoping and praying that business will come to you – but not taking action.
If you have mentally ticked 'yes' that is me in any of the above you are being honest with yourself. We have all been there. You learn by first getting some awareness of what is not working. It is only then that you can start to move forward.